Friday, March 24, 2017

One of Us! One of Us!

So I imagine this will not be a 'unique' post, today.

Hear, ye!  Hear, ye!

...or is it

Extra!  Extra!  Read all about it!

...hmmm...I suppose it depends on which era you relate to more:  'Colonial' times, or the 1930's.

...but I digress.

So, what's the "big news of the day" you ask?  Well, it seems that one of our favorite DDO bloggers has decided to - get this - 'no longer blog every weekday'.

I know, right?

As with so many (all two of us, according to said blogger) who read his 'tripe' (his words, not mine) everyday (well, maybe not "every" day, but those I do miss on specific days are read on another day), it is a bit of a bittersweet moment.  I like most of the stuff he's written (there are a few...non-gaming posts where he is just plain wrong [hehehe], but those are few and [usually] far between); I've commented quite a bit on his posts - not all, but quite a few.  And he's returned the favor of commenting on a lot (not all) on my posts here, too.  (Receiving comments is good - the few posts I have with no comments make me think that my posts were just so completely uninteresting, that not even one person could find enough time to leave...something.  Frankly, it kinda hurts my feelings [he typed, trying to generate enough sympathy to get more comments]...but I digress again...) So no longer having a post 'every day' is a bit surprising.

Then again, I always marveled at how he could come up with a topic everyday.  Maybe he kept a journal of various topics as they came to mind and then used those to flush-out an entire post.

Maybe not.

In any event, it's going to be a little weird to now go through my daily routine of looking at the OurDDO website (see what I did there, Evennote?  Hehehe.) and *NOT* seeing a new, daily post from Greg Hanana*.

But that's OK - XKCD only posts 3x a week** (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays), and many other DDO-ish bloggers only post occasionally, too:  Grimorde, Evennote, Shindurza, Citi, Mizzaroo, Bonnie Bew, myself - just to name a few.  So it's not like it is unprecedented.

Still, 8-years of daily posts suddenly reduced to "whenever I feel like it" is...going to be odd.  At least until we all get used to the new non-schedule schedule.

At the same time, I'm happy for him and maybe now I'll get even more readers with him not posting so much.  I'M KIDDING!!!  Sheesh...try and make a little joke and you get lynched for it...

Seriously, though - I hope he does lots of things he's wanted to do and now actually has the time to do them.  Or at least has time to start planning them now that he's decided to cut back on the daily postings.

And so, I bid a fond "Hi Welcome" to Mr. Haiku and his newly self-appointed title of 'occasional' blogger.  Congratulations!  You're officially one of us!


____
* For those who do not know:  Geoff has mentioned that he frequently gets phone calls (or at least "did") from solicitors who mess-up his name "all the time", and the most frequent of which is "Greg".  He's also mentioned that his last name 'sounds like "banana"' so...

** Generally.  There were a couple of times that daily posts were put up, but that's the exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment