Thursday, April 6, 2017

Inwood, Iowa

Inwood is a city in Lyon County, Iowa, United States. The population was 814 at the 2010 census.  What does this have to do with anything?

Apparently, I live there.  Which is news to me as my house is actually located in [Redacted], OR.

So, as with many people, including DDO's/LotRO's community manager, Cordovan, when I heard that Nintendo was coming out with a mini-pre-stocked version of the original Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) - called "Nintendo Classic" - I wanted to get one.  Problem was, Nintendo in their infinite...what's the opposite of "wisdom"?  According to Thesaurus.com, one antonym is "stupidity", so I'll go with that.  As, I was saying*, Nintendo in their infinite stupidity decided to release them in very small batches at a time.  Which only made the scalpers rich and happy.

Time passed with the promise of more units to be delivered throughout the year, and me keeping an eye out on certain websites that were tracking releases and local stores that would get them in stock...and almost immediately be out of stock in a matter of hours.

Weeks pass.  Then, just recently, Amazon.com listed the units as available from some re-sellers which - get this  - were actually selling it for below the MSRP of $59.99.

OK, I know what you're thinking - "IT'S A TRAP!"  And, yes, it may have (and still could be).  BUT - it's through Amazon.com, so there are protections in-place, like being able to receive a refund should the package not actually be as advertised (which I double-, triple-, and even quadruple-checked was indeed supposed to be the the case, and not just "the box only", which, yes, I have actually seen).  So I figured "why not"?  I ordered one.

Naturally, it was shipped out of China, and had a couple weeks delivery time (as it wasn't quite actually released, yet).  Alright.  I've waited this long, I can wait a few more days.  So, I would keep an eye on the "Track Package" web-page that was e-mailed when the package was actually shipped (which was about a week after ordering it).

Checked on the Track Package page today and it says that it was delivered.  HUZZAH!

...except, no - no package here.  So I check the delivery details.  According to the delivery details, my package was delivered to a PO Box in Inwood, IA, over 1,000 miles away from my house.

*SIGH*

Well, I suppose since it WAS shipped via USPS, there's a nice postal service joke in there somewhere, though to be frank, it's not funny (except, yeah, it kinda is).

So, I send an e-mail to the seller, via Amazon.com AND an e-mail to the USPS via their web-site letting them both know that I do NOT live in Inwood, IA.  And seeing as how I did that just before starting this post, and that it's after 5 PM local time, it's too early to tell what can be done - if anything, at this point - to get my package to me.

Hopefully, one way or another, I will get my Nintendo Classic.

...or at least a refund.

_____
* Metaphorically speaking*, as it were.
{And yes, I really did mean to make that a recursive foot note.}


No comments:

Post a Comment