Thursday, November 30, 2017

Car 54*, Where Are You?

* In reality, replace "Car 54" with "Geoff Hanna", but that wouldn't be as 'funny' if I put it in the title...

I find it...odd, that even with my many hiatus** that I have posted more often than the former 'king' of DDO-ish/games-ish bloggers since his "semi-retirement".  Greg Hanana† used to post (nearly) every single weekday.  Every.  Weekday.  I always marveled at how he could possibly manage to come up with a topic to post about every weekday (Every.  Weekday.), but he did.  Oh, sure, sometimes it was "just" a 'postcard', but still - every weekday (Every. Weekday.).

However, back on March 24, 2017, Mr. Hanna basically said he will no longer be posting every weekday, but instead posts would be (and I'm paraphrasing here) "whenever I feel like it".  Many loyal readers were stunned that they would no longer have a (week-)daily blog post from Geoff to read.  But, true to his word, he has only produced (7) posts since that fateful day and most (4 out of 7 is still "most") of them were related to his moving cross-country from North Carolina back to his home state of Colorado.  His last post was back on June 29th and was in regards to DDO's U36††.

I have always been a "whenever I feel like it" type of blogger, though I did have an internal goal of "once a week".  But, life has a way of interfering with certain goals and so it's not a hard-and-fast rule of mine.  Still, I do try to post more often than just once a month.  "Try" being the operative word.

Still, I've had (17) posts (including this one) since March.  Interestingly (at least to me), I also had (7) in April and June (May was a post-less month for me) - the same number Geoff had in that same time-frame.

But I have since out-paced him.

I also don't think I have nearly the number of followers that he had.  Oh, sure, I have some loyal readers who apparently take the time to at least open this webpage on occasion.  Whether they actually take the time to read the blatherskite I spew onto this little corner of the internet is a whole different matter.  About the only way a blogger can truly tell if anyone likes (or dislikes) the posts they put up is by the comments left by visitors (which have been severely lacking here of late...just sayin'.).

Ah, well.  C'est la vie (or "c'est la guerre", if you prefer).  I'm sure that eventually Geoff will make another post.  And maybe - just maybe - my mentioning it here will be enough to get him to do so sooner rather than later.

Assuming he actually still reads this blog, from time-to-time.


____
* I am not old enough to remember that TV series, though I do know of it (my dad talked about it at times) and I do remember them making a movie, but I've never seen it (the movie - I may have seen an episode or two of the series...in re-runs, of course).

** Depending on which dictionary you use, the preferred plural of "hiatus" is "hiatus" with an alternate of "hiatuses" (though some do show the reverse).  Even though "hiatuses" may sound better in a case such as this, I choose to go with "hiatus", if for no other reason than "because I can".

† aka Geoff Hanna.  (To give background, Geoff had stated that in a post or comment of his that the most often 'mispronunciation' of his name is "Greg".  He also once stated that his last name sort of rhymes with "banana".  So, he will 'forever' have the nick name "Greg Hanana" by me, 'cuz I don't think I'm ever going to give that one up.  As an additional side note, I went to grade/high school with a "Geoff" [for those who do not know, it is pronounced "Jeff"] who shall forever known and often referred to [by me and some other schoolmates] as "Goff" ["GAW-ff"] because some award presenter called him that once.  Once.)

†† I've not seen any comment from Geoff on DDO's upcoming "Mists of Ravenloft" expansion...yet.  I do expect one (eventually), but maybe he's waiting until after it actually launches.  But that is pure speculation on my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment