Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Cycling Through

As I have mentioned before, I currently have (7*) different MMOs that I currently play.  Although, I suppose that might kind of depend on your definition of 'currently'...

I have a tendency to go through various cycles of play where I will focus on one or more games, neglecting the others for extended periods of time.  Lately, I've been focusing on LotRO more than even DDO and down right totally neglecting ESO, EVEO, SWtOR, and STO.  I still have a guild night for NWO, so that remains in the play list (so to speak).  But other than my designated guild** nights, in my free-time, I've been spending more time in LotRO than the others.

I try to keep the others updated, even if I'm not currently playing, because sooner-or-later, I will go back to playing them.  But I've even been neglecting updating some of them recently.  I should fix that.  Maybe this weekend.  Maybe not.

Of course, sometimes, they get neglected due to that most dreaded of all 4-letter words (W-O-R-K), but that usually means I neglect them all and not just some.  Still, that dreaded beast has kept me more busy than I would like in the last several weeks, to the point where it even cut in on my weekend playtime.  (Though, fortunately, that seems to have tapered off...for now.)

I suppose one reason why I've been focusing on LotRO of late is my relatively newly established 'kin night†' and catching up in level to the other kin members for said night.  'Course, I caught-up several weeks ago, but I've still been spending a lot of my free time inside of LotRO.

But with summer on the horizon (no, really - it is out there waiting), I suspect I'll be playing more of the other 'forgotten realms' (see what I did there?) of MMOs as many of them have summertime events that I enjoy running.

Until then, I'll probably still be concentrating on LotRO.

...at least for short term.


____
* In no particular order, they are:  DDO, LotRO, ESO, EVEO, SWtOR, NWO, and STO.

** LotRO doesn't have "guilds" per se (neither does STO).  They have "kinships" ("Fleets" in STO).  But in all but name, they are 'guilds'.

† I now have (4) guild nights.  Maybe it's a good thing I'm not dedicated to playing all (7) games...


No comments:

Post a Comment