Thursday, June 5, 2014

Risa Summer Event is Coming

No, that's not a typo in the title.  "Risia" is the Plain of Ice (don't ask me why it's the "plain" of ice instead of the "plane" of ice - I didn't have anything to do with the name) in Eberron lore, "Risa" is a...vacation/resort planet in Star Trek lore.  So if you read "Risia", you're in the wrong lore frame-of-mind (sorry, DDO-ers...or is that DDO-ites?  DDO-ians?  DDO-lings?  DDO-ceans?).


Star Trek Online (STO) is holding a summer event where one can visit Risa and participate in various activities (some daily, some hourly [or so]).  They did the same thing last year and I thought it was a lot of fun.

But this year's event has different, um, events one can participate in.  Last year, there were "floater courses" to navigate (a "floater" is essentially a jetpack; it's only usable on Risa, and only during the event [as far as I know]), this year they have a "powerboard race" (a "powerboard" is basically a hover-surfboard.  Cowabunga, dude!).  Last year, you could farm for a Risian Corvette - the fastest starship in the game; this year, a Risian Luxury Cruiser.  Last year, an 'egg hunt' in which you could collect eggs, take them to an ornithologist (that's "bird-ologist") and hatch non-combat pets to keep or sell; this year, they have something that's called a "Feather Monkey"...which is pretty much like it sounds - a monkey with feathers.

Anyway, as I said, I very much enjoyed last year's event, so I'm looking forward to this year's.  It'll run from June 5th (that's "tomorrow" from the perspective of when [and where] I'm actually writing this post) through July 17th.  Which means I will be spending at least some of my time each day (probably) on Risa (metaphorically speaking, of course...*sigh*).  Of course, there's always the possibility of an extension, but never plan on that (though they did have one last year).

Of course, this weekend*, Neverwinter Online** (NWO) is having a "Call to Arms" event, so I'll be spending some of my time *there* as well.

Sure glad DDO isn't having any special events this weekend, 'cuz there's only so much play time I have in a day...I do have more time when I'm on vacation, but alas, I am not on vacation.

...except metaphorically speaking (on Risa).


----
* In NWO**, the "weekend" is from Thursday morning (Pacific time) until Monday morning (Pacific time).  Why they just don't do a whole week, I cannot say.

** Technically, it's just "Neverwinter", but many refer to it as "Neverwinter Online" anyway...and so do I.


_____
BTW - if you have troubles leaving comments, you can try enabling cookies.

For whatever reason, I've had problems leaving/replying to comments on my own blog with Chrome (go figure), but not with IE8 (yes, I still have and use IE8...I'll never 'upgrade' to IE9 or IE10 as they suck, big time.  And for all you bast...um, buggers out there who code your websites to block people who use "outdated browsers" from viewing your web-sites, you can bite me; I didn't want to view your stupid web site anyways.  Jerks.  But I digress...).

Ironically, I have troubles signing-in to and using Blogger with IE8, but not with Chrome.  In both cases, I block all primary and third-party cookies, but allow "per session" cookies (as this let's be view probably 95%+ of the web sites I visit; just a handful need to have cookie exceptions), but Chrome does not do as good of a job with "per session" cookies as IE8 does.  I have no idea about other browsers.

In any event, it's a known issue with Blogger (sorry, nothing I can do about it, as far as I know...for now, anyway), and (anecdotal, at least) evidence suggests that enabling cookies (or using a different browser) will "fix" it.


3 comments:

  1. Entering comments here is unexpectedly difficult. I have things to say but do not have the patience to repost them when the saving mechanism wipes them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun dude! I'd join yuh but uh... Yuh know. Also, I have no problems posting comments from my phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable. I've replaced the default Blogger commenting with a 3rd party commenting system. Hopefully, it will be better.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete