Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Longest Dry Spell

Hello?
*Tap* *Tap* *Tap*
Is this thing on? Can anybody hear me (metaphorically speaking)?

I don't write this blog for recognition, per se.  Which is not to say I don't like having my little corner of the internet with the drivel I spew on to it unrecognized.  Au contraire mon ami*.  A little notoriety on occasion is not unwelcome.

Of course, the easiest way to know whether my blatherskite has reached the cognizance of some fastidious logophile which may have inadvertently descried this site is by observance of comments.  Alas, 'tis to the lack of comments I now lament, seeing as how my last seven posts have scored the ubiquitous goose-egg in the commenting sections.  Nada, zip, ziltch, zero, aught, naught, none, nein, nil, nadir, nix, nullity, bupkis...

To put things in perspective, my previous record of consecutive posts without a comment is - was - two.  Two...versus seven.  More than three times as many as the previous stretch.

I get it.  Not every post I throw on the wall to see if it'll stick actually sticks.  Still, seven?  Not one of my past seven posts was found interesting enough for even one passerby to leave a comment?  That's just...inconceivable!

And yet - there it is.  Unless there has been some issue with the commenting plug-in that I am unaware of, the lack of comments doesn't lie.

Or do they?

No.  No, they don't.

Now, I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking that the only reason I even wrote this post was to curry some commenting activity.  Well, I will admit that a small (minuscule) portion of my psyche wants that, but it is not the main reason.  No, the real, main reason is because I find it interesting.

Shocking, yes; inconceivable, yes; but interesting nonetheless.


-----
* Mon amie?  Mon amis?  Mon amies?  Same sound, different spelling depending on gender.  Not sure which takes precedence when talking about a group of mixed genders.  Probably the masculine.  In Spanish, it's the masculine, so that'd be my guess.  "Amis" it is, then...assuming I have more than one (semi-)regular reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment