Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Only "Mostly" Dead

-"Now, 'mostly dead' is 'slightly alive'; 'all dead,' well, with all dead there's usually only one thing that you can do. -What's that? -Go through his clothes and look for loose change."

Anyone who doesn't know the above quote will have to turn in their geek and/or nerd card(s).  No exceptions.*

I was going to postulate that this has been the longest interval of non-posting by me on this blog, with the exception of the interval between my technically very first post and my 'actual' first post, but as I actually check, it's not.  It does appear to be the 2nd longest, though (the longest being the nearly two month period from December, 2015 and February, 2016).  As always, I blame that most dreaded of all four-letter words (W-O-R-K) for this.

But in addition to Maynard G. Krebs nemesis, a lack of topics does come into play as well.  I still marvel at how Geoff Hanna was able to post (nearly) every weekday for such a long period of time.  Oh, sure - sometimes the posts were nothing more than postcards, but they were still posts nonetheless.

Truth be told, I don't really have a topic for this specific post, either.  At least, not yet.  It is possible that one will pop-up while I'm writing, but I'm not going to count on that.  But after approx. 6 weeks in abstentia, I wanted to at least post something.  Even if only about the reports of my demise being greatly exaggerated.

So there you go.

Unfortunately that four-letter word is still causing havoc with my free time.  I'm almost to the point of seriously wondering what "free time" is.  But there does appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm just hoping it doesn't become an on-coming train.

I could use a vacation.  Or better yet, a paid leave of absence.  Or chocolate - chocolate would be good.  Not as good as a vacation, but still good.  I do have some cashews, though.  Not quite as good as chocolate, but probably better for me.

Ah, if only I had some chocolate covered cashews.

...but I digress...

____
* Except for Mizz.  Mizz is always excepted.


No comments:

Post a Comment