Sunday, July 30, 2017

Walk the Dinosaur

Boom, Boom, Acka-Lacka-Lacka-Boom; Boom, Boom, Acka-lacka Boom-Boom.

Last week, Neverwinter Online (NWO) released their latest update "Tomb of Annihilation".

Sounds kinda like the title of a mummy movie.

I have yet to venture forth into this latest update, but most likely we will on our next guild night.  From what I understand, you have to pick-up the initial quest from Sgt. Knox in Protector's Enclave and from there proceed to Helm's Hold where you will find your way to Chult.  Chult is a jungle area with many dangerous creatures including, as you may have guessed, dinosaurs.  But not only do you get to hunt dinosaurs, but as one might expect, seeing as how NWO is very keen on having various mounts for players, you can get a dinosaur mount.

That's right - you too can ride a dinosaur.  And you don't even have to be a halfling to do so.

I know quite a few people who wish that DDO had mounts, but especially dinosaur mounts, and especially if you have a halfling character.  But they don't.  At least, not yet.  And I suspect they never will.  Maybe for DDO2*...

But I digress...

I suspect there may even be some dinosaur companions.  Oh perhaps not right away (I didn't see any in my short Google search), but eventually.  They do like adding companions and mounts to the game.

But even if they don't ever have dinosaur companions, we can still get a dinosaur mount.  And that is still pretty cool.


_____
* No, I've still not heard anything about a possible DDO2.  But one would think there would at least be a chance of one "someday" would one not?


No comments:

Post a Comment